Friday, April 30, 2010
Later the same day, when doubt begins to rear it's ugly head, my little boy climbs up beside me, all snugly and warm. He bores his head as tightly into my armpit as he can get it. He switches position several times, attempting to get even closer, to blend in with me. Finally, he looks up and says, "Mommy, I love your heart."
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
I respond to his panic, "Why is Jesus cold, Buddy?"
"Because I'm eating this popsicle and it's going down to my heart!"
292. Thankful for a friend who is recovering from open brain surgery (praying for complete healing!)
"But as for me, I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause-- Who does great things, and unsearchable, marvelous things without number. He gives rain on the earth, and sends waters on the fields. He sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety." (Job 5:8-11)
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Have I thanked my Lord today for His unsurpassed grace toward me?
(photo by Meghan)
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
(see post below for What I Love About Little Ones)
They are becoming good independent learners.
They are real company for you.
They are becoming interested in things that interest you!
They need advice about their decisions.
They are venturing out and trying new things like, new flavours and foods.
They are beginning to notice you are not perfect.
They help around the house and it actually helps :)
They have more technical skills than you.
They still love to be snuggled.
They are beginning to recognize the expense of things and the concept of saving and wise spending.
They still want to be tucked in.
They want to learn about the world... it's no longer only about them.
They think about their future in a more realistic way... still so much hope and excitement.
They can tell you what time it is when you can't see the clock.
They're now telling you what looks best in clothing.
They can count your money for you at Tim Horton's.
They can make a phone call or send an email for you when you're too busy.
They sometimes still leave their crusts behind after eating their sandwich.
They still love to be read to.
They can relate to characters in books and movies and understand themes and the moral of a story.
A piece of candy still makes their day :)
They make suggestions to you for how you can become better in a certain area... eye-opening and insightful.
Their faith in God and miracles comes from more experience and has sometimes even been tested.
- They need their "blankies" or stuffed animals with them while they're still waking up.
- They leave their crust behind after eating their sandwich.
- They run for a kiss when they fall.
- They make friends simply by asking if another child wants to play.
- They get excited when they can reach a light switch.
- They laugh as quickly as you can distract them from their sadness.
- They smell and feel so good after a bath.
- They sometimes cry when you leave them with others.
- They have made-up names for things.
- They love becoming bigger and older.
- Any kind of weather means they want to go outside.
- They make up with a friend as quickly as they fought.
- Their trust in you is profound.
- They wrap their arms around you when you're feeling down.
- They grin chocolaty smiles and don't care about messes.
- They sing at the top of their lungs in the grocery store.
- They mimic you and want what you have... painted toenails, gum, cooking utensils, a book.
- They can fall asleep in the middle of wherever you are.
- Fireworks and loud noises scare them.
- They need to climb up onto the bathroom counter to brush their teeth.
- They don't care if they're wearing mis-matched clothing.
- A piece of candy makes their day.
- They care about the colour of their drinking cup.
- They loudly announce to you (and everyone else) what they've just accomplished in the public bathroom.
- They believe they will be able to do anything and be anything when they grow up.
- Their faith in God and miracles is simple, sweet and true.