Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Interceding For Me

At times I'm weary. I carry little ones and I carry the pain of women in my heart and prayers. What runs through my mind in a day would cause a head to shake in shear bafflement at the complexity of it all. So much analyzing, so much planning, so much burden-bearing. I must leave it all. The only safe place to leave it is in Jesus' hands. I am easily brought to tears at the sound of this song, which describes the intercession of Jesus on my behalf (and yours!). This is where my rest comes from... the very thought that the One who died for me is ever praying for me to the Father. If that isn't enough to calm a frazzled spirit, I don't know what is. Soak it in, Friends. (Taken from Romans 8:34)

Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus

Spread His praise from shore to shore

How He came to pay our ransom

Through the saving cross He bore

How He watches o'er His loved ones

Those He died to make His own

How for them He's interceding

Pleading now before the throne

Oh the deep, deep love

All I need and trust

Is the deep, deep love of Jesus

click here: Sovereign Grace Music


holy experience

7 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

A yoke that is easy and a burden that is light. We are so blessed. Thanks, Heather. You're a real gem.

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

Those truly are wonderful words to remember... As much as we care, He cares even more. He sees the big picture and YES He intercedes on our behalf.

I too am amazed and calming down. Thanks for the wonderful reminder.

Camille said...

Oh yes, my friend! DO rest in HIM and continually turn it all over into HIS hands! I *love* to think on Hebrews 12:1-3 when I become weary. Might it be a blessing to you heart this day.

With Love,
Camille

Karen Long said...

Hi Heather,, my name is Karen from
http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/
you are truly blessed with a beautiful family.. the picture of them all together on that chair is priceless... the fact that they all wanted to be there together, speaks volumes..
I am a mom of 3, 2 grown, 1 teenager left at home,, and Im a grandma.. Family is awesome..
Please stop by to visit me at my blog. i would enjoy getting to be blogging friends..
Have a great sunday..

Unknown said...

and can I add
that the photo is beautiful . you are.

Tightwad In Training said...

Love the lyrics! Many times when the burned of my parents salvation gets heavy, the weight knocks me down to my knees. It is during the most random times that I cry out to God. The cry is sincere and the dwelling place of His presence is priceless. Thank you for reminding me of that today. I really needed it. I have been so discouraged about not seeing my prayers answered about their salvation that your reminder of giving all my burdens to Him came at the right time!

Have a fabulous week!

Oxana

Pure Perseverance said...

Praise God! Thank you ;o).