Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Oops, did I say they're staying on their feet? She'll get the hang of it, eventually :)
And Oliver? Well, he was content just throwing snow at anyone within arms' reach.Oooh, good one! Take that!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I paused to hear her response.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Grampie, you were like a father to me and I'm thrilled for you but saddened for me. But, I'm coming, Grampie! I'm right behind you. Throw your arms around Mama for me and tell her I miss her. Give her the special "hiding place kiss" and tell her she can't wash it off. I'll meet you both soon... not in the funny pages, but definitely where there's much laughter--just your style.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Just adding something I found after I posted this... it's from one of my favourite sites and I think her words are very true and very inspiring... www.thewellroundedmama.com/2010/01/it-was-too-long-for-facebook.html
Friday, January 15, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
So, after getting excited about the idea, I perused my January pics so far, with my daughter and we checked the specs on each one to see if I had taken one a day. A couple of times, we got a little nervous as certain sets of photos had the same date but lo and behold, we found that I had indeed taken at least one every day of this new year! Two of the days contained ones in which my children had begged me to pick up the camera and take a shot of them doing something silly. Because this is a regular occurrence around here, I declined, replying that I was too busy. They had persisted and I finally grabbed my camera and took the shot to appease. I'm glad I did. Here is a photo of what a concerted effort in the Project 365 might look like...
Then, there's the photo you take at the end of the day when you realize you haven't taken a photo that day and you're failing the project and it's only January...
This is Emily's "princess skirt". This girl has been seen wearing it over pants and even asleep with it over top of her pyjamas. It is a special and lovely thing in her eyes and makes her feel "go-geous". So, even when I've forgotten to take a great photo of my kids or something important, a picture like this still tells a story of life in our family.
I'd love to see some "every day photos" from your home. If you think you might want to join Project 365 as well (which you don't have to sign up for anywhere), drop me a comment and I'll check out your posted pictures! If you've already missed a few days, just fill them in with other pics and continue on from today! Happy photographing!
You can view a Blogger's Project 365 from last year, here...
And this year's photos from a Blogger, here...
Monday, January 11, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
After weeks of flooding and tenderly caring for this box of water, my husband excitedly announced one evening that the ice finally froze. We were the proud new owners of an "indoor" rink under our seasonal house at the nursery. We suddenly also became proud owners of skates and hockey sticks and all the paraphernalia that goes with the whole project! With only half of us ever donning a pair of skates, we carefully held one another up and slid gingerly upon our beloved masterpiece. A few bumps, falls, pouting lips and rests along the benches were to be expected. However, we all thoroughly enjoyed our first of many frigid excursions. After some hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, we were ready to pack it in for the day. Come sweet winter; we can find joy in your frozen depths as much as any balmy day.
Monday, January 4, 2010
It's with gratitude that once again, I begin to write my blessings. 2010 commences with an overwhelming amount already.
144. for an amazing staff at our church
145. for inspiring child-rearing books
146. for time with family over the holidays
147. for another Christmas with Grampie (93 yrs.) and Oma (96 yrs.)
148. for squash soup
149. for saying goodbye to sugar (did I really just write that?)
150. for saying goodbye to Christmas decorations (ah, the space again!)
151. for my children who adore their babysitters
152. for my children who still call our cell phones, missing us :)
153. for fruit shakes
154. for a husband who's giving up sugar too
155. for the beginning of routine
156. for purging closets
157. for our skating rink ice that finally froze!
158. for little boys who know how to call on a Higher Power
159. for that Higher Power!
160. for tiny hand prints on my bathroom mirror (won't last long)
161. for guidance in finding lost items (HE knows where it all is!)
162. for service people who fix all the broken things around our home
163. for dog-eared old books we read again and again
164. for inspirational friends who are on a similar journey
165. for Advil (I'm serious)
166. for our fireplace, which has been burning almost every night this winter
167. for quiet, evening reading times with my husband in our reading chairs
168. for being able to function with limited cell phone use, no call display or call-waiting
169. for the fun of 6 people all brushing our teeth in the bathroom at once!
170. for a powerful, healing, moving service this past Sunday