Saturday, January 2, 2010

God Bless Your New Year

My word for 2010 is "closure" (believe it or not!). My scripture is Psalm 16. My dream is to trust His word for my future and my hope is in His mercies which are new every morning. With that hope, I can get back on the proverbial horse when the goals I've set for this new year are unmet one day or I've failed to live up to the standards the Lord and I have set together. It's inevitable in my humanness that this will happen... however, He already knows this about me and He's willing to work with me anyway. What a God we serve!
From our family to yours, may God bless your new year and may you know His mercies when you fail and His joy in you when you are victorious!
If you're looking for inspiration for change in 2010, read this beautiful article by Ann Voskamp:

4 comments:

Camille said...

Such a blessing to read your thoughts here today Heather! Thanks for the encouragement. May the Lord bless you and your family with His joy throughout the ups and downs of 2010.

With Love,
Camille

P.S. I was praying for you this past week ~ funerals...did all go well?

Camille said...

Thanks also for encouraging us to read Ann's article...it was so beautiful! Isn't God wonderful...He never leaves us without hope!

Blessings,
Camille

Traci Michele said...

Happy New Year Heather. Your family is so very beautiful.

Love,
Traci

Pure Perseverance said...

Praise God! Yes, He is always willing to work with us. I appreciate and am thankful for the first word in the first verse of Ps. 16 and also verse 11.

God has created us for victory. Not to be a cliche. Seriously, I know He has. Through Him, we are more than conquerors (Romans 8:37)!

God bless you and your family, Heather