Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bye-Bye Babies

Unless the Lord has other plans for us, our baby days are over. I took this photo of the last of the newborn spoons I'm saving for a friend and we just gave away our highchair. Our children are growing up and it's a beautiful thing to witness but oh, how I miss my babies! The other day I asked Oliver if he would stay my baby for a little while longer and he said, "No, Mommy. I need to be a big boy. Mrs. Hamstra (our friend) will bring you a baby tomorrow." Well, right away, I emailed this dear friend, who has five grown children, and asked what time she would be coming by with my baby. That cracked her up :)
So as I skip the baby aisle at the grocery store and move into the "big boys'" section at the clothing store, I will be thankful for the new era we've entered and be open to all God has for us here.

Just adding something I found after I posted this... it's from one of my favourite sites and I think her words are very true and very inspiring... www.thewellroundedmama.com/2010/01/it-was-too-long-for-facebook.html

2 comments:

sydney ellen said...

Awww...Oh Oliver, you're a big boy now! It's an exciting new stage!

The Carmodys said...

Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the baby stage. In the busyness of it all, I know it will fly by and before we know it, we'll be giving away our high chair . . . sniff, sniff! :(

Your little Oliver is way too cute! And yes, he'll always be your baby . . . just don't tell him that. :)

k