Friday, January 29, 2010

Angel

"Angel, you're such an angel..." the song played softly over the speakers as I pushed Oliver in the grocery cart; the girls were close by. We traced the aisles through the maze of shelved food, working on crossing off items on our list. It seems to be tradition that the kids try to sneak something into the cart when I'm not looking only to laugh at me when we get to the cashier and I find the smuggled sugary treats (Stinkers :). But today, Oliver was quiet and thoughtful. I looked down at him, all squeezed between my purse and the bananas. He looked up at me with those big, brown eyes and said, "Someone's calling me Angel!"

3 comments:

Camille said...

Cute ~ and what a sweet picture! :)

Heather said...

Thanks, Camille. He was actually watching an airplane--a favourite, of course!

sydney ellen said...

So cute! (again!:)q