Sunday, January 31, 2010

Of Sausage Fingers and Happy Faces

This is my favourite artwork in our home. Thanks to our friends, the Maretzki family, I got this wonderful idea to have Emily draw pictures of the six of us and frame them. I chose her because I'm in love with her pre-school rendition of our body parts. In the past year, her drawings have evolved from a head with sticks coming out of it for arms and legs to full a torso, complete with sausage-like appendages. Each person is never dressed without a big happy face smile. Much nicer than our last family photo shoot for sure :)

1 comment:

Camille said...

What a FABULOUS idea!! Oh, you have NO IDEA how much you will treasure this in years to come!

Have a lovely week my friend!
Camille

P.S. Not to rub salt in a wound, but did you all watch the Canucks/Leafs game on Saturday? There was lots of cheering at my house. :)