Monday, January 11, 2010

The Fallen

It's been one of those days. I am the Fallen. Yes, we all are, but there are some days when I'm keenly aware that I, specifically, suffer as a result of my sin. Oh, when will I learn? I'm also sensing that my gratitude list will heighten my ability to pull out of my "slump" as His word states, "...the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness..." (Isaiah 61:3)
I am thankful for:
171. a friend who dropped in unannounced with a word to cheer (not knowing I needed it!)
172. the Lord's chastening (for those He loves!)
173. unexpected mail that reminds me who I am and where I'm going
174. laundry (yes, I've typed that one before, but if I don't keeping being thankful, I might throw it out the window :)
175. my sisters
176. antibiotics
177. sticky-tac (homeschool would not be the same!)
178. children comforting broken family members
179. His protection over the wrongfully imprisoned
180. hyacinths in the middle of winter
181. dynamite shrimp...mmm!
182. navel oranges (praying for you, Florida!)
183. a husband who faithfully takes out the garbage
184. a fixed treadmill (oh no, now I must use it! :)
185. the smell of Ivory Snow (baby detergent)
186. Oliver's tools (he thanks God for them every night so I will too :)
187. Jesus is returning for us! (actually number one on all my lists!)
188. a dear friend I missed this Christmas :(
189. safety of family returning from trips
190. deliverance from fear
Well, I'm beginning to feel better already, regaining perspective. Gratitude certainly forces me to search for things to praise God for instead of lifting so many ill-spoken requests. Thank, You Lord.
holy experience

2 comments:

sydney ellen said...

There is so much to be thankful for and I enjoy seeing your things to be thankful for every week! Thanks again for the great posts!
Sydney, for the Maretzki's <><

Camille said...

Oh Heather ~ I've missed all your posts this week (since the "Twelve becomes her" post)...my updater obviously is flawed! I'm so glad i stopped in to check! :)

What a lovely list ~ lol thankful for laundry again and again...it is a daily thing after all...why can we not continue to be thankful. It's always the same and always different...i think it qualifies!

Blessings,
Camille