Monday, January 25, 2010

Thank You For Our Work

Thankfulness Monday is here. Today, as I praise God for blessings, my number one on the list is the amazing thought of my grandparents enjoying heaven! (191) My gratitude is overwhelming for the many wonderful messages and actions of love from friends concerning the passing away of Grampie. I love you all (192).
 
Also, thank you to Heather for a great idea at www.cultivatedlives.blogspot.com/2008/10/stick-ing-to-it_10.html (193). The kids created chore cans today and had so much fun doing it that they were begging for more chores! Thanks, Lord, for our work (194).

Painting our clothes-pegs and hooking them onto decorated tea cans. We had to improvise on her idea with what we had available at home.
Notice the special chore Oliver must remember to do? Good times around here!
Meghan's finished product.
What the cans should look like at the end of the day :)

6 comments:

Camille said...

What a GREAT idea! So many fun things available to do out there...thanks for sharing. :)

Have a wonderful week Heather!
Camille

The Carmodys said...

Oh I LOVE that idea. I'm totally going to copy it for my kids. Thanks!

k

Unknown said...

The "special chore" is hilarious. I love this idea. Very cute!

sydney ellen said...

That sounds sooo neat! Love Oliver's little chore! :)

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

I love your spin on this idea. So creative and beautiful. It makes me want to go do my chores!!! :) Oliver's chore is just priceless!

Layton Family said...

thanks for posting this -- we have a chore chart I have to keep printing off the computer, and if I forget it's always the excuse why the chores didn't get done on Monday. This is definitely the easier and "greener" way of doing it!!
Stef