Monday, January 4, 2010

In Abundance


Oliver burst out of his room, ready for church and with a fistful of Hot Wheels. He announced that he was bringing them all in the van. My husband told him that one car would be fine, but not three (a lot of "stuff" tends to get left in our van). He immediately redirected the question to me and I firmly told him that Daddy had already given him an answer. He hesitated for a moment and then held them up and cried,
"GOD!? I NEED them!"
He's learning how to appeal to the Highest Power, even if he does have things a little mixed up :) There's definitely humour in abundance around here. Happy Birthday, Little Blessing! We love you so much!

It's with gratitude that once again, I begin to write my blessings. 2010 commences with an overwhelming amount already.
142. thankful for my son's third birthday!
143. for the health of our family

144. for an amazing staff at our church

145. for inspiring child-rearing books

146. for time with family over the holidays

147. for another Christmas with Grampie (93 yrs.) and Oma (96 yrs.)

148. for squash soup

149. for saying goodbye to sugar (did I really just write that?)

150. for saying goodbye to Christmas decorations (ah, the space again!)

151. for my children who adore their babysitters

152. for my children who still call our cell phones, missing us :)

153. for fruit shakes

154. for a husband who's giving up sugar too

155. for the beginning of routine

156. for purging closets

157. for our skating rink ice that finally froze!

158. for little boys who know how to call on a Higher Power

159. for that Higher Power!

160. for tiny hand prints on my bathroom mirror (won't last long)

161. for guidance in finding lost items (HE knows where it all is!)

162. for service people who fix all the broken things around our home

163. for dog-eared old books we read again and again

164. for inspirational friends who are on a similar journey

165. for Advil (I'm serious)

166. for our fireplace, which has been burning almost every night this winter

167. for quiet, evening reading times with my husband in our reading chairs

168. for being able to function with limited cell phone use, no call display or call-waiting

169. for the fun of 6 people all brushing our teeth in the bathroom at once!

170. for a powerful, healing, moving service this past Sunday

3 comments:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

I laughed out load reading about your son. That is so something one of my boys would do... :)

I loved reading your list.

Camille said...

Ah...yes...SIX people in the bathroom brushing teeth all at once! :) LOL...I can just picture that! We have two bathrooms...one for "the boys" and the other for us and Emma...makes for a little calmer (but less fun) teeth brushing experience!

Enjoyed your list.

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Camille

Pure Perseverance said...

Whatcha needin' Advil for? My daughter calls me quite often on my cell, lol! It is sweet, isn't it? I thought that was hilarious about your son exclaiming,"GOD!? I NEED them!". So precious. If we could just capture these moments in a bottle. Life is such a blessing!