Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Project 365

I've joined Project 365. I came across it on several different blogs and it seems like a goal I just might be able to pull off (at least my friends and family would say so). This project requires you to take a photo every day for one year. The purpose is to capture life as it is in your home and family and to look back at a year in pictures. They're worth a thousand words, you know :)

So, after getting excited about the idea, I perused my January pics so far, with my daughter and we checked the specs on each one to see if I had taken one a day. A couple of times, we got a little nervous as certain sets of photos had the same date but lo and behold, we found that I had indeed taken at least one every day of this new year! Two of the days contained ones in which my children had begged me to pick up the camera and take a shot of them doing something silly. Because this is a regular occurrence around here, I declined, replying that I was too busy. They had persisted and I finally grabbed my camera and took the shot to appease. I'm glad I did. Here is a photo of what a concerted effort in the Project 365 might look like...

Oliver woke up this morning and sat himself on the heat register in the bathroom with all his furry friends--definitely a "day in the life" type of photo for our family.

Then, there's the photo you take at the end of the day when you realize you haven't taken a photo that day and you're failing the project and it's only January...


This is Emily's "princess skirt". This girl has been seen wearing it over pants and even asleep with it over top of her pyjamas. It is a special and lovely thing in her eyes and makes her feel "go-geous". So, even when I've forgotten to take a great photo of my kids or something important, a picture like this still tells a story of life in our family.

I'd love to see some "every day photos" from your home. If you think you might want to join Project 365 as well (which you don't have to sign up for anywhere), drop me a comment and I'll check out your posted pictures! If you've already missed a few days, just fill them in with other pics and continue on from today! Happy photographing!

You can view a Blogger's Project 365 from last year, here...

http://www.thewellroundedmama.com/2010/01/project-365.html

And this year's photos from a Blogger, here...

http://davejenbarnes.com/

2 comments:

Camille said...

What a great idea! i love the pink skirt cast off on the couch...my Emma is the same...dress up clothes over jeans and pjs etc...very cute! Won't always be this way. :)

sydney ellen said...

That's so neat! I can't wait some more pictures that you've come up with!