Sunday, December 27, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
The actors have spoken, the choir has sung, the angels have danced and, in this play, the live ornaments have found their purpose. The baby is born, the baby whom it was all about. As we tuck our tired children in their beds, hair still full of sparkle spray, a little voice whispers, "I hope people will be saved, Mommy." She is mindful of those in the audience who, for various reasons, have come to observe Christmas in this way. My daughter's theme verse is "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." I Timothy 4:12 I continue to learn from her. Lord, use these precious children and their efforts by drawing people to You this Christmas. Let our little ones, who are learning to care for souls, see the harvest and may it grow their faith.
121. So thankful for children's Christmas presentations
122. for bumps and glitches in the program that keep us humble
123. for my little girl's new bravery--she danced in front of everyone!
124. for the prayer that helped my other little girl not to be nervous
125. for holidays (we get to have my husband home more often!)
126. for knowing that the death of His saints is precious in the sight of the Lord
127. for the ability to buy our children Christmas gifts
128. for sweet inventive spelling
129. for my husband who is just returning from the Toronto Maple Leafs game (Go Leafs Go!)
--the kids always pray for his safe return
130. for Addison Road
131. for Tetley's Earl Grey Vanilla tea
132. for a 2 year-old boy who, upon hearing someone use the Lord's name in vain said, "No! Jesus!"
133. for nativity figurines, felt board pieces, books, and His word, which all remind us of His coming
134. for Mrs. G stories!
135. for a loving ballet teacher
136. for meeting new friends in our large church who've been there for a few years already!
137. for Mr. Sketch smelly markers... mmm!
138. for little girls in colourful tights
139. for digital photography--oh, the joy of deleting!
140. for older teachers who remember you when they're purging their supplies
141. Lights, lights, and more Christmas lights!
Thank You, LORD!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
We do eventually end up finding our home :) This season begins early and continues on, long past Jesus' birthday. I race to gather what I need from stores and little shops. I've set a goal to avoid the mall and purchase gifts elsewhere. I'm trying to maintain the joy this Christmas and to me, it ends in those long, busy hallways. With all the hustle and bustle, I keep returning to focus on Who it's all about. If I don't find Him daily during this season, I will undoubtedly fall prey to the stress that can be related to it all. Our home will be "lost" in the busyness. So, Little Man, it's when we fix our eyes on the real Meaning of the holidays, that we will never lose sight of our home. (And so, it is with this focus, I continue my list of gifts from above...)
101. thankful for Friendship Club (for the developmentally disabled)
102. for still receiving snuggles from "big" kids
103. for gentle snow that leaves a light dusting
104. for cookie exchanges
105. for vast differences in my children's personalities
106. for family traits
107. for homemade skating rinks
108. for vanilla bean hot chocolate (with whipped cream)
109. for honest friends
110. for kodakgallery.ca !
111. for little knitters during read-alouds
112. for the children's pastors and staff at our church (we love you!)
113. for a God who still performs miracles (we've experienced it!)
114. for clementines without seeds
115. for boys and girls who still act their ages and play like children
116. for a fresh slate every morning
117. for giggling, whispering sisters in their beds at night
118. for cousin sleep-overs
119. for the "Challenge Novels" by Carolyn (ask me about them!)
120. for the way God speaks to me through my children (Meghan, stay open to His Spirit!)
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
92. for a little girl who must change into a dress as soon as she comes back into the house
93. for warm weather in late fall
94. for a sweet gum tree that refuses to let her leaves go
95. for worship music to lift my spirit (finding new stuff on other bloggers' sites--thanks!)
96. for the smell of the fireplace from outside the house
97. for little arms that wave goodbye to friends as they leave the driveway
98. for family who are not really family ("aunties and unclies" :)
99. for intercession
100. for the fact that my every move for the rest of my life is known by my Lord and His mercy endures forever!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
If there's one thing that can make us all melt into mushy puddles of love, it's kittens. My sister has a hobby farm and we just can't take the sweetness of the kittens. It's fun to visit the other animals but there seems to be a draw to these tiny balls of fur that scamper all over the yard before they look big enough to walk. I want to photograph all of them! I found this little white one in the top of the barn sitting in the warmth of the sun that was shining through the upper window. I just wanted to squeeze it. This is how we ended up with Clementine, who is our little dolly at home. Two of us are even mildly allergic to her but we suffer through it. My sister laughs at us when we spend money on her or coddle her--one of so many litters of barn cats. My children are simply showering affection on one of God's creatures and growing in responsibility and compassion at the same time.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
77. prickly things turned soft and beautiful
80. our nature walks rank high in my list of gratitude
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Our goal last year was to knit enough squares to make a blanket for a homeless person, through the organization, "Blankets for Canada". Since we needed a little more practice, we're hoping to try again. Please check out their website and be inspired and if you're from the U.S., maybe there's something you can do in your area as well!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
" Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Hours later, as He often does, the Lord washed His ways over me and I began to recall how dashed and broken pieces in my life had woven a more beautiful spirit in me. Would I be where I am today without the brokenness? I shudder at the thought. And so, this Monday of counting blessings, I add pain to my list, for it is only in the experience of anguish, that we can fully know His comfort, His healing, and His beauty in it all. Lord, fill me, an empty vessel, however You desire, to make me more beautiful to You.