The actors have spoken, the choir has sung, the angels have danced and, in this play, the live ornaments have found their purpose. The baby is born, the baby whom it was all about. As we tuck our tired children in their beds, hair still full of sparkle spray, a little voice whispers, "I hope people will be saved, Mommy." She is mindful of those in the audience who, for various reasons, have come to observe Christmas in this way. My daughter's theme verse is "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." I Timothy 4:12 I continue to learn from her. Lord, use these precious children and their efforts by drawing people to You this Christmas. Let our little ones, who are learning to care for souls, see the harvest and may it grow their faith.
121. So thankful for children's Christmas presentations
122. for bumps and glitches in the program that keep us humble
123. for my little girl's new bravery--she danced in front of everyone!
124. for the prayer that helped my other little girl not to be nervous
125. for holidays (we get to have my husband home more often!)
126. for knowing that the death of His saints is precious in the sight of the Lord
127. for the ability to buy our children Christmas gifts
128. for sweet inventive spelling
129. for my husband who is just returning from the Toronto Maple Leafs game (Go Leafs Go!)
--the kids always pray for his safe return
130. for Addison Road
131. for Tetley's Earl Grey Vanilla tea
132. for a 2 year-old boy who, upon hearing someone use the Lord's name in vain said, "No! Jesus!"
133. for nativity figurines, felt board pieces, books, and His word, which all remind us of His coming
134. for Mrs. G stories!
135. for a loving ballet teacher
136. for meeting new friends in our large church who've been there for a few years already!
137. for Mr. Sketch smelly markers... mmm!
138. for little girls in colourful tights
139. for digital photography--oh, the joy of deleting!
140. for older teachers who remember you when they're purging their supplies
141. Lights, lights, and more Christmas lights!
Thank You, LORD!