Friday, November 20, 2009

Small Ones Loving Smaller Ones


If there's one thing that can make us all melt into mushy puddles of love, it's kittens. My sister has a hobby farm and we just can't take the sweetness of the kittens. It's fun to visit the other animals but there seems to be a draw to these tiny balls of fur that scamper all over the yard before they look big enough to walk. I want to photograph all of them! I found this little white one in the top of the barn sitting in the warmth of the sun that was shining through the upper window. I just wanted to squeeze it. This is how we ended up with Clementine, who is our little dolly at home. Two of us are even mildly allergic to her but we suffer through it. My sister laughs at us when we spend money on her or coddle her--one of so many litters of barn cats. My children are simply showering affection on one of God's creatures and growing in responsibility and compassion at the same time.


2 comments:

Camille said...

How lovely! I LOVE how you captured that little kitten in the light of the sun! How incredible! You are right...animals do help teach our children compassion.

Blessings,
Camille

Unknown said...

I love witnessing the nurturing side of my children. With smaller ones, or animals.
Beautiful photos