Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Drawing Close

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8


"JESUS... JESUS"


It's the first word I purpose to leave my lips when I wake up. Whisper the Name above all names and watch how your day begins in your mind.

I found that my first thoughts were driving my next minutes, then hours. For a few months now, I've been practicing "drawing near" at first consciousness. I can only benefit. He meets with me and my inner struggle is quieted, my distraction is set on a straight path and my first love is narrowed to where it belongs.



holy experience

2 comments:

Camille said...

Beautiful! I am really enjoying your blog!

Blessings,
Camille

Traci Michele said...

Oh Heather! Can I borrow this and feature it on my blog sometime soon? I will link back to your site.

Also, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.

I haven't been good at the Psalm 103 yet. Thanks for the reminder. We should do a post together (blog hop) and get others to join in and memorize together.

What do you think?

Hugs,
Traci

PS: can I have your email?

You can email me at curly2880@yahoo.com