Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Little Bread With That Peanut Butter?



I walked into the kitchen yesterday to find more growing up happening before my eyes. Why is it that my children long for independence this early? I'm quite happy to make a peanut butter sandwich for this little guy of mine but he insists on taking matters into his own hands. How he gets onto the counter is a feat on it's own (Note to self: this level is no longer safe for storing all off-limits items!). So upon assessing the situation, I see that my cautious boy does remember that plastic knives are for two year olds, however, licking them off is probably not a good idea. Clothes, apparently are made for wiping messy hands :) The evidence on Oliver's face also leads me to believe he's had his share of protein for the day. And as he returns the knife to dip again into the jar, it becomes obvious that one swipe of PB is for the bread and the next scoop is for his personal taste-testing.


3 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Oh that's so cute! I wonder if his next step was going to be taking a sharper knife and cutting up that banana in the background to add to the peanut butter sandwich??? :)

k

Camille said...

HILARIOUS!! You captured it perfectly!! :)

Unknown said...

Delegate!
Love it.