Monday, November 16, 2009

Joy Medicine

Living with His joy is the medicine for depression. Do we have to be diagnosed to have "gray days"? No, we all suffer, don't we? Ann Voskamp shares today how to break free of the demons by being thankful. And so, with gratitude, I continue my list...

70. for creature-seekers

71. for leaf-rompers

72. for yearly pleasures we can count on

73. for "new" big girls :)

74. for creature-instinct and intelligence (check out that architecture!)

75. for "the last of the Queen Anne's Lace for the summer" (Anne of Green Gables)
76. for cascading falls (right on my in-laws property--so blessed)

77. prickly things turned soft and beautiful

(keep working on me, Lord!)

78. all things red

79. light--anywhere (His light, revealing the darkness and removing blinders)
80. our nature walks rank high in my list of gratitude
81. jumper cables
82. visits from old friends
83. while-you-were-out projects
84. laundry (did I honestly just type that?) -speaking words of life here!
85. Bible Study group
86. new revelations from familiar scriptures
87. encouraging Blogger friends--thanks :)
88. opportunities for prayer--bringing me to His feet
89. His grace when I don't go to His feet
90. a crafty mom who's always thinking of her grandchildren
91. friends in far-away places--I miss you
"...a garment of praise, instead of a spirit of despair." (Isaiah 61:3b)


holy experience

3 comments:

Camille said...

Beautiful post Heather...lovely pictures! I really like the "Queen Anne's Lace"...amazing how you captured that one!

Blessings,
Camille

P.S. Have a wonderful week! :)

Unknown said...

This was so nice to read this morning,thank you,
and the pics of the girls learning to knit - adorable

cristie said...

lovely photos...a blessed list indeed. xox