Tuesday, February 2, 2010

She Blogs

How did she get this big? I just rocked her in my arms and laid her in her cradle last week, it seems.

I've bumped into her recently and turned in surprise to see this large person, not a wee thing, standing there in my baby's place. People told me that children grow up so quickly and I nodded politely and went on my merry way, living day to day, never dreaming they were right. One minute, I was kissing her scraped knee and the next minute, she was telling me, "it's quite unnecessary to add the word verification to your blog comments... it just wastes time for the reader".
Meg is a Blogger. She's better at it than I am because she takes the time to peruse all the settings and layouts. She understands how the functions work and she changes her background weekly. She loves to update her blog as part of her language arts time and has me check for spelling and grammar. Her site is private but I'll have you know, it's pretty fantastic. It reflects her heart. For a ten year-old, her insights and maturity amaze me. She's blossoming into a great girl and beginning to take her walk with God personally and seriously. My baby might be growing up but I'm thoroughly enjoying the journey with her.

4 comments:

Mouse and Magoo said...

Hillarious. That's all I can say. Hillarious.

:)

sydney ellen said...

Wow Meghan- you pose really well! ;)
Sydney Ellen

Camille said...

Oh, I used to "smile politely" too and go "on my merry way" and now they are becoming MEN! Now I am the one giving out the admonition to "enjoy every minute" because it GOES SO QUICKLY!! :)

Your Meg is a lovely young lady ~ how proud you must be to read her thoughts and see Christ reflected there. After all, that is why we have these children ~ to raise them up to serve and follow HIM. May HE have their hearts!

Have a wonderful evening.
Blessings,
Camille

Camille said...

Your Meg just left a sweet comment on my blog ~ what a blessing she must be to you Heather! I tried to go visit her blog, but it's private, right? So...here is the "return" visit to Meghan...let her know I tried! :)

Blessings,
Camille