Tuesday, April 5, 2016

First Day Of School in 9 1/2 Years

It all began with a cupcake. Meg and I surprised my niece by pulling her out of her grade eleven class to bring her a birthday treat and a wee squish. She was thrilled. Somehow that little trip turned into a visit with the guidance counselor, which trickled coversations that led to a flood of events and eventually, Meg's enrolment in her parents' old Christian school. In February, this kiddo stepped onto the bus for the first time since grade one. I took photos like a mom with a brand new kindergartener, and the whole family stood waving at the door.  Things have been quite different around here.
Humouring her momma with a "first day" photo.
Saying goodbye to a little sister one morning.

Amidst the homework and early mornings, our girl adores her new routine and has made countless friends already. There are missing moments here at home, but all in all, the Lord's leading is obvious. Now, we are witnessing our next teenager rise to new heights of responsibility. An unexpected wonder. God bless you in your new school, Meggie!

(Attempting to go back and catch up since January and regretting not keeping up! So many photos! Stay tuned! And, thanks Sarah and Betty for reminding me I have ignored my blog for too long :)


3 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Congrats on the new chapter in your family's journey. I'm glad it's going with for you all. I look forward to seeing photos (like you I'm waaaaay behind on updating my blog)

Hugs from Julia xo

Camille said...

Crazy how life twists and turns, isn't it? What a blessing to watch as your young people soar....the Lord is so very, very good. Hugs, Camille

Heather said...

So true, Julia! Thank you :)
Thanks to you, Camille! Xo