At the pool, we drag one life jacket. At the beginning of the week, there were water-wings, but one little "mermaid" was determined to learn to swim--and that she did (along with a lot of spitting water). Gratitude:
669. the way he looks for an open spot on the beach, far from the bikini-clad bodies, out of respect for me
670. the way she could dig up that sand all day without stopping and how I have to stuff lunch in her mouth as she works
671. the pure determination she had to swim (she looked so awkward, I thought she might not, but she proved me wrong!)
672. how my boy declared to the girls that God is with our pets at home so he wasn't worried about them
673. for the long drive and how my poor husband had to listen to me all the way and couldn't move :)
674. how a friend I hadn't seen since grade 10 was staying at our hotel with her four homeschooled kids (wow!) and heading to the museum too!
675. for our hotel routine, our trailer days and beach excursions, and how my husband and I are such a team in the whole process
676. for Answers In Genesis http://www.answersingenesis.org/
677. for this bloggy friend who introduced me to it AND sent me a subscription to their magazine!
678. for ice cream and slushees and all things that make summer and warm vacations special
679. for my awesome neighbour who looks after Clementine while we're gone
680. for birthday fun that makes coming home not so uneventful
681. for free WiFi
682. for many "older" hands that make work lighter and a whole lot less luggage!
683. how they chased that seagull, that stole her peanut butter sandwich, all over the beach
684. the way they chanted, "Winter! Winter! Winter!" when we spotted our first snow on the way home (I wanted to turn around and head back but was grateful they appreciate both climates)
"He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters." Psalm 23:2