Tuesday, August 17, 2010

At The Top Of Our Lungs

It was an all-girl singing caravan and then Oliver came along. Now, the five of us sing at the top of our lungs as we drive. When Daddy is with us on Sundays, he beats all of us in shear decibels by far. We take turns playing the favourite CD of each of the family members and I have trained them to love Amy Grant, Sara Groves, Casting Crowns, Nicole C. Mullen, Nichole Nordeman, Steven Curtis Chapman, Starfield, Third Day, and some Classical. Of course, it's so I can have more turns but it also instills a love of worshiping through the music of some talented artists. VBS songs, PureNRG, Music Machine, a little Fred Penner, and Daddy's choir practice get mixed in there too.
My children love to dare me to roll down all the windows at a stoplight and blast the music while we sing. I think they believe it will really bless the community. I oblige, occasionally, since it's difficult to turn down a dare from your kids :) I'm grateful we're a music-lovin' family and that most of the time, we all agree that a twelfth repeat of the song, "Different Kinds Of Happy" is a very cool thing.

"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing." Psalm 100:1-3

2 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

Twelfth repeat, I LOVE it! My children think that the cd my brother gave me for my birthday only has two songs on it because of twelfth repeat. Love it.

sydney ellen said...

WOW. Whenever I wake up I always love to sing a hymn at the top of my lungs and Mom always knows when I'm awake! "Make a joyful noise..."