Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Listen. Do You Hear Him?


In the shower, on the long drive, during the worship time on Sunday, in my "prayer chair", through a friend, in a dream, in Creation, reading His Word... He speaks to me. It's soft, it's subtle, it's tender, it's convicting, it's passionate, but it's always in line with His Word. My job is to listen. I must find stillness, silence, quiet my mind and concerns. He's waiting and I feel His breath, at times. I have even been close enough to touch and have actually turned away and chosen another activity. I have missed out. But... if I really listen, really desire to know Him and His ways, I take a step toward Him and... He meets me. Listen. Do you hear Him?
Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

holy experience

10 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

Still as a breath. Oh, to just listen. It seems so simple in our complicated world. Just listen.

Thanks.

Unknown said...

Heather what a wonderful post..
And how true..how many times do we miss the blessing to get to hear him when we choose to go do something else..Thank you for pointing it out, and in such a wonderful post..
God Bless you.. Have a great day..

Unknown said...

I love the part about being close and turning away and missing it.
This is so beautiful. He's always here with us. I love it.

Dianna said...

It's that still small voice we long to hear...and yet I've been finding the noise of busyness keeping me from hearing. Thank you for sharing here today, Heather.

Steph-Joy said...

Heather!

(This is the Stephanie who works for the Maretzki's. I found your blog through Sydney's.)

There are so many beautiful things about the content of your blog: the writing, the pictures, and your obvious love for your husband, your children and your Saviour. I look forward to reading more and seeing you again!

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ What a blessing to belong to HIM! How important that we hear from HIM! How WONDERFUL that HE has given us HIS Word which tells us all we need to know! (Romans 10:17) Might we spend more time listening as we read...I appreciate this post. Thank you!

Love,
Camille

sydney ellen said...

Wow, what an amazing post! (I like Steph's comment :)

Tightwad In Training said...

Oh, how I love when He speaks but I find too often that I can't keep my mouth shut long enough to hear Him!

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

Thanks for the reminder to quiet my heart and this crazy mind of mine and just listen. There is nothing more special than listening to Him and yet I just don't take the time to do it as often as I could or should...

Traci Michele said...

Yes, I do... when I take time to be still... Be Still and know that I am God... Praise Him.

Thank you.