Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Boy Lives Here

"Mommy, can you just smash into that car up there in front of us?" Oliver questions from the back seat. We're sitting in our van at the Tim Horton's drive-thru and I'm searching for words to respond to my son's aggressive request.
"Well, Sweetie," I begin, "first of all, that would really hurt the person in that car and it would hurt us too. It would also destroy his car and it would wreck our van, so we don't want to do that, do we?"
It's silent for several seconds. I glance at his thoughtful face in my rear view mirror and I'm guessing that my words of wisdom are sinking in and that he's reassessing. I edge forward in the line-up and he finally replies, "But it would be so much fun!"
Yep, a boy lives here.

3 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

I laughed out loud! My Jack and your Oliver would make quite a team. So different than us. I love how you cherish the boy-ness. Sure adds spice to life, doesn't it? :)

I LOVE your posts too!

Unknown said...

Hey Heather.. what wonderful pictures.. and what fun it looked like you and your girls were having..
you are making awesome memories with your family.. God Bless you ...
Have a great week.. talk to ya again real soon

Tightwad In Training said...

tooo cute...made me laugh... :)