It's dinner and it's unusually late. He climbs across my legs and huddles into a little ball, bottom up. I don't even notice at first because I'm used to his body being attached to mine throughout the day. Sometime between bites and listening to the buzz and hum of little girl voices, chattering on about their day, I sense the "lump" that I've been subconsciously, carefully eating over. Yes, my boy is tired and apparently not eating so much tonight. With my camera on the counter right behind me from grabbing a photo earlier, it was the perfect opportunity to capture life as it is with this snugly four year old. How much longer will he "turtle-shell" it on Mommy's lap during dinner? My guess is, not long. So capture it we did.
685. Molly's gratitude today, "Mommy, I love how the rain stops when we drive under a bridge."
686. the sound of birdsong in the morning... they're back :)
687. the way he gets all giddy when he's trapping ants (that would be my husband)
688. the way he PVRs the Duggars every day... seriously? Why ever did we "block the blessing"? :)
689. a fantastic homeschool conference!
690. moving from ballet slippers to toe shoes... a blog post in itself soon
691. how she inspired my new laundry organization
692. friends of all sorts who each give something new to offer
693. Jonathan Park CDs that my kids adore listening to as we drive
694. the way the Lord stopped the rain for my husband's workers to finish construction
695. healing prayer
696. a Love that casts out fear
697. the POTENTIAL of my spring cleaning
698. Annie, who keeps me eating "clean"
699. a twelve year-old who confesses and apologizes easily
700. his sleepy snuggles during late dinners