Monday, April 18, 2011

Wide Open Spaces

Wide open spaces means dancing is inevitable, in this family. My husband turned into the airport last Sunday when we were on a drive and our children clamored over one another to exit the van, running and leaping all the way across an empty parking lot.
Daddy let Oliver turn the steering wheel and "drive" around the parking lot while little girls twirled and spun and giggled all the way. I love it when our "togetherness" looks like this, on a Sunday afternoon.

Gratitude:

720. twirls, giggles and running free

721. Sunday afternoon drives

722. how gratitude changes a mood :)

723. how she writes poetry on a whim

724. my sister's successful surgery

725. blogger friends who pray--I praise God for you!

726. my other sister and her husband's fantastic production of Esther last night at their church

727. how he tells me each day he's rounding up the bad guys for the police

728. how my husband's gratitude changed how he led his staff meeting and then the morale at work that ensued

729. how he's my "fix-it man" --again

730. the way my nephew plays Captain Hook, with a twinkle in his eye for our homeschool production rehearsals

731. how my mom drove 5 hours with me for Meg's competition

732. new things the Lord shares when I determine to meditate regularly--so worth it!


9 comments:

M.Christine Duncan said...

Am glad to hear all went well with your sister's surgery Heather... and gosh, sometimes I miss my kids being younger and more "free" during family time, they grow up too fast! :-)

Jennifer in OR said...

I love the photo set~who would've thought the airport could be such a playground?!

Anna said...

Glad you found someone to go with you to Meghan's competition. Moms are great, eh?!! love your twirly pictures!!

Jolanna said...

What fun pictures! So whimsical! Love your gratitude list too!

kimberley said...

goodness - my girls are exactly the same way!! such fun! love how you captured their beauty and joy in being able to dance freely.

that song always reminds me of the canadian prairies i grew up in - such beautiful memories to end the day on. thank you:).

loved your list - thank you so much for sharing!!

Melanie said...

Love your list and the beautiful photos!!!

I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog during Holy Week! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

Celebrating His resurrection,
Melanie

Camille said...

What GREAT photos Heather! Your kids are ADORABLE! :)

Kathy Schwanke said...

Greeting cards. YOU NEED TO GET THESE ON GREETING CARDS! LOVE THEM! :)

Craig and Bethany said...

727. LOVE it. Just the right seasoning to make any day great.