Monday, October 24, 2011

Godspeed

We laughed and talked as quickly as we could, in between hugs. Her husband sat in the truck, pulled over to the side with their four children, stuff packed around them to the roof. Meg took pictures but with all the rushed goodbyes, this was the best she could get. I love it. This is how we were. If we weren't crying, we were laughing. This woman of God with a powerful love for people, a deep respect for her husband, an adoration for her kids like you've never experienced,  a half-full glass view of life, and a brain tumor.
They left for another province last week. I'll miss my friend and neighbour dearly.
Jill, your smile lit up our street, lovely woman. Godspeed to your new home and thank you for all you taught me about life and hope and Jesus' love. Until we fly to meet someday... xo

2 comments:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

Tears and laughter really can mix... Looks like we've both been saying goodbyes. You have been blessed with such a wonderful neighbor and I know she is blessed to have friends like you loving, supporting and praying for her.

Thanks for your prayers. When I heard my sister was moving to Michigan, I did console myself with the idea that maybe someday we might get to meet. hahaha. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I would love to meet you and your beautiful family in person someday!

Heather said...

Of course, Sarah!

And, Heather, if God sees fit to have us meet oneday, I'd be so honoured :)