Monday, November 11, 2013

In Quietness and Trust...

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
'In repentance and rest is your salvation,
    in quietness and trust is your strength,
    but you would have none of it.'...
Therefore the Lord awaits to be gracious to you,
and therefore He exalts Himself to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for Him."
(Isaiah 30:15, 18)
 
As we are to compare ourselves to Israel, God's chosen people, we can know that this promise is for us too. I don't ever want Him to say that I would have none of it. And so, we ventured once again to Kingfisher Bay for some of that quiet time (since sometimes home isn't so silent :) and discovered trust really is strength.
I grappled with a lot that weekend. My mouth is not always my best feature. Have you ever been caught in words that hurt another person? Sometimes, what I want to say and what actually comes out are two very different things. Oh how ugly I felt every time I walked by a mirror! I'm so thankful that after an intense moment of accountability, my lovely friend forgave me. The Lord disciplines those He loves and, my goodness, He must love me a lot! I'm grateful He doesn't let me get away with too much before it's exposed. Where would I be if it were any different? I shudder at the thought. Most importantly, I walk without shame because I've repented and I'm covered by His blood. Praise God.
 
(Loved spending time with my cousin Lisa, Mom and Aunt Diane this time!)
 

No comments: