Thursday, July 9, 2009

Leftover Lion


Four years old is very big when you get to go with your sisters to Vacation Bible School, but it's not very big when you're a tired lion by the end of the morning. Today was Safari Animal Day and the kids eagerly prepared their costumes the night before. My little lion happily scampered out of the van this morning, complete with "claws" on her paws and a king-of-the-jungle growl that would scare any mouse :) When Emily came home she declared to me, "It was so much fun, but, I cried because I wanted you, Mommy". Her hair was askew, her body limp and her once cheerful voice slipped into a whine. We had some quiet time and I held my small cub, her eyeliner-blackened nose rubbing against my cheek.
Tiny Lion, this Mama still loves to hear that her baby needs her. I'm so proud that you went on the stage to sing today, participated in all the games, stayed in your group, and tried hard to be a scary creature. You gave it all you had and by the end of the day, you only had leftovers to go on. You're growing up in so many ways but for a little while, you'll just be my precious cub.

No comments: