Friday, August 7, 2009

Permanently Attached


It comes with me wherever I go. Some people don't understand it, others appreciate it. I feel like it's my way of preserving all the goodness of the moment, capturing a feeling, a thought, a memory. My camera is permanently attached to me and it's not in the brand, or the size, as important as those things are. For example, I love the photos I took with a disposable camera on the vacation I forgot my battery pack. The pictures were grainy and poor quality but I won't forget that trip. My kids used to run away from my camera but now they pose and say, "Take a picture of me, Mommy!" My husband is now picking it up and making sure I get in the photos, like I'm part of the family :) There are a hundred things that are more important than this little machine but, I'm blessed to be able to photograph those hundred special things while I can.

1 comment:

Miss Pamyla said...

Hey Heather...
Thanks for posting on my blog! It used to tell me when people posted and send me an alert. It no longer does that I guess! lol...I'll have to fix that.
I'm glad you have that fixture attached to you. So many of life's moments pass. You are fortunate to have the means to capture them right with you.
Take care,
Pam