Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Imagery From Psalm 23

We recite the Psalm together and then I repeat it; their eyes are closed.

They imagine David, the pastures, the lambs, God's arms in the valley.
We talk of the waywardness of sheep, how we're like them, how God, the Good Shepherd, gently guides.

They brush their papers quietly and I observe how He speaks to each of them differently as they work out their thoughts of the Word onto blank "canvases".

One is dissatisfied with her strokes and we try to fix them over and over, finally relating back to the sheep--we just can't find our way without Him.
Remind me, Lord, when I get frustrated at my inadequacies. I am nothing without You. I must sit at the feet of the Shepherd before I can wander the pastures of life, looking for food (the spiritual kind), nudging my little ones.

holy experience

4 comments:

Traci Michele said...

so so very special!!

Pure Perseverance said...

Oh, how wonderful!

Heather, I would like to learn more about your ministry that you and your husband have.

Mouse and Magoo said...

Hey guys above!

I am proud to say that THAT'S MY MOM!!

Do you guys have blogs!? I do, but It's block to everyone except the people I choose to see it.

NOTE TO MOTHER:

Hey mommy! Love the blog. Love the post! You do a good job.

Love you oldest daughter,

MeGhAn

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Art Work!!! Keep looking up to JESUS, HE loves you! Love Mama xooxoxoxxo