Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's Raining Over There

What a powerful sight it was, this shower of rain across the field. I became emotional as I watched the storm slowly move away from me and across farms to the east. I felt as if I were witnessing the release of the effect of pain. God demonstrated to me that in the spiritual realm, my life is in His hands. I can't always see the end of a problem, but He does. I don't always feel Him working in my situation, but He is. At that moment I realized that just as the storm was moving away from me God shelters me by separating me from my circumstances, not in an irresponsible way, but in a trusting way. I can have peace and calm in the midst of the storm. It was an objective lesson that He's in control and I can stop focusing on the details.
It's raining over there, but over here, this woman is basking in the comfort of His power.
holy experience

4 comments:

Mouse and Magoo said...

Oh wow Mommy, I, I just don't know what to say.

-Vander Mom Lover

Maria said...

What a beautiful lesson in nature... God is all around us.
Amen

~Maria

Traci Michele said...

BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing God through His creation!

What a powerful God we serve!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

"...witnessing the release of the effect of pain."

Oh, prayer does this... thank you.
Your story and meeting Him blessed.

I bask with you...

All's grace,
Ann