Sunday, September 13, 2009

Twenty Birthdays

I'm certainly not twenty--I've had thirty-seven birthdays now-- but my husband has spent twenty of them with me. As I opened my special letter from him he reminded me that twenty years ago he signed a card that someone had bought for me. Since then, he's signed nineteen more and I've enjoyed the benefit of his romantic creativity. We've been together for more than half our lives and there aren't many sentences we can't finish for each other. Bumps in the road? Oh, yes! But by God's grace, we've overcome and stand amazed at the One who made us one. I love how my husband loves me and I smile as I think about the surprise party he threw for me today. But my favourite gift, my gift from God, is my high school sweetheart, my lover, my friend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a touching post!
Thanks for sharing all these beautiful thoughts and pictures.

Pure Perseverance said...

That was truly beautiful!

~Nicole