Monday, April 26, 2010

Marvelous Things


292. Thankful for a friend who is recovering from open brain surgery (praying for complete healing!)

293. for a precious niece who is a beautiful influence on my daughters

294. for a great homeschool convention this weekend

295. for a new writing program that my daughter jumped into with vigour!

296. for a younger daughter who was disappointed it wasn't at her level.... she wanted to join in anyway
297. for curls on a Sunday morning

298. for a sermon that convicted

299. for a teenager-run girls' club with a focus on kindness, modesty and fun!

300. for all the children we looked after last week

301. for the smell of the earth

302. for the anticipation of my lilacs (favourite table centre piece!)

303. for girl-made oatmeal muffins this morning

304. for the excited reception of a convention-purchased kids' cookbook (they got straight to work)

305. for a toilet-trained boy!

306. for speckles of yellow daffodils all over our gardens

307. for a new amazing art site http://www.deepspacesparkle.blogspot.com/ (thanks, Jeana!)

308. for a safe returning of my in-laws from their vacation

309. for the birds that frequent our feeder

310. for the rescued baby bunnies that occupied their minds during schoolwork and their hands during recess

"But as for me, I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause-- Who does great things, and unsearchable, marvelous things without number. He gives rain on the earth, and sends waters on the fields. He sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety." (Job 5:8-11)

holy experience

8 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

Toilet trained. That says it all! :)

What a splendid list. Oh, and LOVE the verse at the end - worth memorizing. Thanks.

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ What a beautiful list!! We have the same writing program...it is GREAT! :) The baby bunnies are too cute and your kids "in the moment" with them is precious! YAAY for the potty-trained boy...tell him I think that's WONDERFUL!! :) Oh for your friend with the brain surgery...may the LORD bring healing! I enjoyed your list today Heather...thank you!

Love,
Camille

Unknown said...

BABY BUNNIES!
Great list.
What's with all the lefties?

Sandy said...

I enjoyed reading your list. I can tell that your family is precious to you. I too have celebrated when my little ones have become potty-trained.

Trisha said...

Your list made me smile....so many blessings! Love the lefties. :)

Anna said...

I too look forward to the lilacs! Great list!
Anna

Kathy Schwanke said...

What rich blessings!!! I love the "curls on Sunday mornings" !!

I am the oldest of 12 children, the first 5 of us are girls. Mom spent hours with our hair, and sewing us dresses.

Blessed memories!

sydney ellen said...

I LOVE to curl my hair on Sunday mornings! What a lovely list.