Friday, April 30, 2010

His Reminder


Just when prayers are whispered in confession, when the darkness of my heart is revealed, when I feel I have nothing to offer such a great God, the flood of forgiveness washes over me and I am healed again.
Later the same day, when doubt begins to rear it's ugly head, my little boy climbs up beside me, all snugly and warm. He bores his head as tightly into my armpit as he can get it. He switches position several times, attempting to get even closer, to blend in with me. Finally, he looks up and says, "Mommy, I love your heart."
Grace-reminder. Period.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Aagh, we're so underserving, aren't we? Gotta love those "grace-reminders", don't ya?
Great picture!
Anna

Camille said...

Oh. How. Sweet. TOOOO precious!!!

Kathy Schwanke said...

PRECIOUS!!

Craig and Bethany said...

My husband and I both LOVE this post. :)