Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pioneer Girls

How many eleven year old girls do you know who still like to dress up and play house? This is a blessing that is largely due to homeschooling. We have friends who have some pretty wonderful and innocent kids in public school but with the way the world is spinning, little girls are barely allowed to act their age for very long. Meghan loves to play "pioneer girls" with her sisters, cousins and a couple of friends and today we visited the Coopers, who have a perfectly suited playhouse. Here, they enjoyed the simple "pleasures" of all the hard work the pioneers did :)

3 comments:

Pure Perseverance said...

Perfect!

Camille said...

*LOVE*LOVE*LOVE* this post!! Oh I was a "Little House" fan as a girl...I read the books and re-read the books...all nine of them! If I could have I would have traded places with Laura! How fun that the girls could pretend to live in that time period and in costume too! I agree with you on the innocence of homeschooled kids...they do have less pressure to grow up quick ~ it is a blessing...they are grown up way too soon as it is. :)

Love,
Camille

Craig and Bethany said...

Oh YES, I love how kids get to be their actual age as they homeschool. What a blessing. We've been reading the Little House books too. My little ones would have a ball joining the homestead!