Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dripping With Grace

I pass the soft-serve kiddie ice cream cones to the back seat and catch glimpses of giddy faces in my rear view mirror. There had been some tough times today but after attending a seminar on God's grace, I feel that I should practice a little of that in my parenting. Emily receives hers and licks the melty goodness already oozing onto her fingers. Suddenly she stops and finds my eyes, "Thank you so much for this, Mommy, even though we don't deserve it."
I smile at my wise five year old girl, wrap a napkin around her drippy cone, and tell her that those words make me thankful that I chose to have mercy today.

Have I thanked my Lord today for His unsurpassed grace toward me?

(photo by Meghan)

4 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

"...even though we don't deserve it." Wow. That really says it all. What a truly lovely child. She must come from a really wise mommy and daddy.

Unknown said...

how wonderful. This post made me feel a little regret, I was grasping for patience all day today, and the best I could offer in the end was a story at bedtime. I hope it was enough, but maybe if it wasn't, I'm the one who needed grace. Grace is beautiful isn't it.

Camille said...

Where would we be without HIS GRACE?? I dread to think! May we all live with grace throughout the day...thanks for this reminder Heather! May the Lord bless you this week my friend!

Love,
Camille

sydney ellen said...

What a great reminder! This reminds me of the hymn "'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus"

"I'm so glad I learned to trust Him....."

A great example of Jesus having grace on us!

Thanks for all the lovely posts,
Sydney