Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Body

His Body prays and His people are healed. His Body encourages and hearts are mended. His Body works and His purposes are accomplished. His Body wrapped their arms around me this week and I felt Jesus.
I photographed this willow and thought how beautiful and delicate each little branch is, one of my favourite shrubs. I focused on one portion to study the intricacy and I wondered if anyone else would notice this one tiny part. Unlikely, but as part of the whole, it attracts attention and is useful for shade and reflects the loveliness of its Maker. The Body of Believers is like this. I've experienced true intimacy and healing through God's people. He's designed it this way. Dependence is God's desire. The Body hugs and lends a hand and I am nearer to His heartbeat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! It's so beautiful.

Traci Michele said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. As always. Love this little place on the web!

Thankful for you.

Kathy Schwanke said...

I love this! Yes Yes!!

Craig and Bethany said...

Sometimes I think we forget we're apart of something so extraordinary.