Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy's Girls And Other Blessed Things

In two different thrift stores, squeezed between bunches of kids' clothing, were these two shirts--perfect for the day that honours fathers. They donned them proudly and chanted in unison, "Read my shirt!", giggling the whole time. And he was proud too. Proud to be a daddy and proud that we all put effort in to show him our love.

And Gratitude keeps me filled with joy on good days like these and days when the good is not so obvious...

382. thankful for fathers: mine, my children's, my husband's, and step-dads too

383. for fun in decorating rooms on a tight budget

384. for my gardens that are filling in beautifully

385. for the first day of summer!

386. for a daughter's interest in and compassion for Haiti

387. for all the offers to swim in pools after I posted here (so not expecting that! :)

388. for paddle boat rides

389. for early morning tea on the porch with the sunlight spilling over me

390. for the bluest skies which beckon us to bask in lakes, to have picnics, swing at the park and lie down in soft grass

391. for Daddy's girls (and boy)

392. for my husband's satisfaction in a job well done (spring busyness is almost past at the nursery!) and the credit he pays to his Lord

"Nothing is better for a man than that he should eat and drink, and that his soul should enjoy good in his labour. This also, I saw, was from the hand of God." Ecclesiastes 2:24


holy experience

6 comments:

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ Your list is lovely today!

I like #389. for early morning tea on the porch with the sunlight spilling over me...could I join you? :)

Sounds like you have had the warm weather of summer for awhile. We, on the other hand, have had a very cold and rainy spring. My garden is SLOOOOWWWWLY growing...maybe we will have veggies by September? :)

How fun that you are invited to swim in pools all over the place! Enjoy!!

Love,
Camille

Tightwad In Training said...

What a b-e-a-utiful list!!!

386. for a daughter's interest in and compassion for Haiti - this one must have come from you guys setting a great example to your children...very admirable!!!!! :):):)

Mouse and Magoo said...

ADORABLE picture Mommy. You ALWAYS have great photos.
I LOVE your list every Monday.

Love you!
Meghan

Unknown said...

lovely Heather.

and I was thinking about you the other day when I was making a list of some things I need to go get for my garden.

I hope it's been a good spring season for you.

love the tshirt idea, you are so creative.

Craig and Bethany said...

I love how specific your thanks is.

Thrift stores are a favorite of ours too! My son and I just took a date there this afternoon. :)

You really captured the sweetness between your family in the pic and story. Such riches.

Dianna said...

Your gratitude list is so precious, Heather! Seeing about your daughter's compassion for Haiti made me think of our oldest granddaughter, Claire. She's 6 and when she went home to Maine, she, along with her sister and momma sorted out all the coins in a quart jar that Pop Pop had sent home with them. Claire told her momma that she wanted to give half of hers to the Haiti fund they were collecting at her VBS this week. Gives one much to be thankful for and appreciate.