Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Making Of A Man


Someone once peered into my husband's truck while they were chatting. She chuckled a little and mentioned that it looked funny for a man to have baby car seats in his backseat.
He looked at her and without hesitation replied, "Those seats are what make me a man."
Terry shared this with me later that day and I've never forgotten it. He takes the honour of fatherhood very seriously. Our children know it and feel it in their bones when he lavishes his love upon them. So, today, I honour him, the father of my children, because I'm so proud to be his partner in parenthood and I can't wait to see how he'll father them as they grow.

6 comments:

Kathy Schwanke said...

The Journey is a Blessed one when walked with the Lord. I feel full at the graduation of my baby... Honored and blessed. God is so good!

I always find beauty here. What a beautiful family! Joy and blessings to you Heather!

Camille said...

How precious is that!? The LORD gives these blessings...they are from HIS hand!! LOVE the picture of them all...too bad you weren't in it with them Heather...that would be frameable. :)

Love,
Camille

Tightwad In Training said...

You are so blessed to have such loving and compassionate husband! I had chills while reading the post!!!

Have a fantastically great week!

Oxana

Mouse and Magoo said...

Happy Father's Day Daddy!!!!

Love you.
Meghan

Craig and Bethany said...

I told my husband this story and we both smiled. So true. Rejoicing in your blessings.

Dianna said...

What a special father your children have and what a blessing you have in parenting your children with him. Precious, Heather.