Thursday, June 3, 2010

Renewing Of The Mind

It's funny how mortals always picture us [demons] as putting things into their minds; in reality, our best work is done by keeping things out. ~C.S. Lewis


Lord, I've been asking for a transformation in so many areas but with little effort to renew my mind. Please help me to fill my mind with Your Word so that it is so jam-packed with whatever is true and noble and holy that there is no room for excuse of lack of transformation. Help me turn faithfully to communion with You over the busyness of my schedule so that the enemy can no longer have a foothold to work with in me.

6 comments:

Camille said...

Beautiful prayer Heather! I desire the same things...may the LORD help us both as we seek to think Biblically in ALL things and filter the world through that lens. Heart transformation...we look for it in our children, but what about me?

With Love,
Camille

Tightwad In Training said...

Amen, Heather!

We can all apply this prayer to our lives. I find it amazing that the more I dig through God's Word, the more the Lord place His Word on my mind in time of need. I love it!

sgm said...

love it. so true that there is no room for excuses.

thanks
Sandee

Anna said...

Amen, sister. My prayer is the same as yours!
Anna

Unknown said...

Yes. YES! I want this too.

Craig and Bethany said...

Lewis is one of my best favorites. What a timely reminder for me with that quote. It seems like the enemy's attacks are so often counter intuitive like that.