Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Documenting the Divine

It sounded odd to me as I wrote that title, but I mean it in a very serious way. When I post photos and type words about our lives, I truly feel like I'm documenting the Divine. Every day has God-breathed gifts that are waiting to be unwrapped. Oh, we receive them and enjoy them, like anyone, but the real unwrapping is when we notice Who is the giver and take a moment to pause and quietly (or audibly!) utter thanks to Him. Sometimes, the gratitude comes long after the gift has been experienced and I confess to the Lord that I missed Him somehow in that moment. The photos, they help me look back (if I missed it) and remind me of His goodness to me.










Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:16-18
God's desire for His created people is that we first receive His Son, Jesus, the greatest Gift. All the little and big blessings we encounter daily are also His grace to us. Having His Spirit live in us causes us to give Him praise for each of those as we unwrap them in gratitude. Documenting the Divine moments awakens that thankfulness in others, especially, our children. Take some time to write your gratitude list today.

1 comment:

Pure Perseverance said...

Yes ma'am. I am working on my list! These pictures show relationships. Not just a pretty pose, they are real moments. You captured them living and enjoying each other. I so wish I was eating those marshmallows, hee, hee!