Wednesday, August 29, 2012

On The Water

We were two kids raised with boats, we met and married and so became drawn to this location. My husband, especially, longs to be on the water when we're land-locked on our campsite. Walking along the pier, smelling the boat gas, visiting Mom and Dad's boat, listening to the clinking of the metal against the masts--almost as good as being aboard... almost.











And so... we rented a boat and headed out to the middle of the lake, where we were no longer shoreline spectators.









With wind-whipped hair and countless photos and memories, we turned in our boat keys at the marina. A day well spent on the water for another year.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Beautiful picture of your in laws. Terry looks like he's in his glory driving the boat! I love the picture of the girls reading. Nice striped shirt, Heather! You look gorgeous with wind whipped hair! Great pictures and memories, eh!?

Camille said...

Beautiful post my friend. Gorgeous photos (of course)! And...what great blessings! I'm so pleased for you. :)

Love,
Camille

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

The Diary of Anne Frank... ahhhhhhhhhhh. I still vividly remember the first time I read that book. I climbed on top of my house to settle down against the chimney {my secret place} to have a good cry as I finished it.