Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to the Good

It's close to an hour's drive to my sister's place but being there feels like a mini-vacation. Holly married into a Mennonite family and she has since altered so many of her City-Girl ways. My new Country-Girl sister finds solace in this little town where neighbours stop to chat while you sip lemonade on your front porch, where the local church pastor pops by to pick up a carton of cream and the owner of the little shop down the road knows your name.
Holly is juggling twins, blogging, scrapbooking, cooking, canning and of all things, gardening. My younger kids frolicked in her yard, picking flowers while my oldest helped her aunt water her vegetable garden. To find out more about getting "back to the good" or the "100 Mile Challenge", visit my sister at:



No comments: