Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Job

It's a little thing but it's big to her. Meghan is so proud to be watering the extensive gardens around our home for a weekly allowance. It's the first time she's being paid to do a consistent job that will last her the summer. Chores are chores, but a real job? Oh the possibilities! Her dad made a big deal about it all, interviewed her for the position, negotiated a wage, showed her the ropes... she took it very seriously.
My heart swelled as I took a few photos of her, and as I lowered my camera, she flashed me a quick smile over her shoulder as if to say, "I can't talk right now. Gotta finish my job!" Just then, I had one of those mommy moments when you're proud of your child's maturity and realize they're slipping from your hands at the same time. This thing called time, will it ever slow down enough for me to sponge up every little detail of my kids before they're gone?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hard work, but worth it!

-Meggie-Mouse