Sunday, June 21, 2009

So Unchanging

As the heat arrives, evidence of God's unchanging seasonal cycle unfolds. Spring turns into summer, which inevitably becomes fall, then winter. A couple thousand years ago these words were written, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8).
Although the world will not last forever, creation parallels Jesus' unchanging character, in that, He is predictable. He wants us to "search" Him and find out who He is so we can trust His character and see that He is immutable. When history causes us to be mistrusting, our hearts ache to know a perfect, loyal friend who will never forsake us.
When we come to know this Jesus, who is worthy of our trust, we can begin to release the past. If we truly trust that He has our best interests in mind, the control we work so hard to maintain will no longer be necessary. "When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" (Psalm 56:3,4).

Lord, You're so faithful and unchanging. Help me to trust in You fully so that I may walk in complete freedom.

No comments: