Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Mirror of God's Word


I was reading this morning about how God's Word is a mirror of His character, as well as, a mirror of our character. I tend to look at things through my own eyes but the mirror of Scripture helps me to see things so much clearer. Catherine Martin, in her book, Knowing and Loving the Bible says, "Feelings are like the caboose of a train that must be hitched to the engine of God's Word." (p.73) Isn't it good to know that there's a Greater Power who knows the beginning from the end? Someone who sees so much more than we see, so that we can relax in knowing that we don't have to figure it all out?
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

holy experience

5 comments:

Mouse and Magoo said...

Hi mommy!

SONG:
This is the day! This is the day that Mrs.Ames had a baby, that Mrs.Ames had a baby, we will rejouice we will rejouice and be glad in it and be glad in it!

LOVE YA!
MGV
Dancing Princess

Anonymous said...

Thank God we don't have to figure it all out.

Denise said...

Very well said.

Anonymous said...

amen...we don't have to figure it out...

Maria said...

HI!
It gives me peace that it is figured out ~ Amen