Thursday, October 29, 2009

Unwrapping The Gift of Fall

It seems that just as we unwrap His gift of creation's vibrant clothing, the trees shed their beauty and prepare for their cold, cold slumber. We untie the last ribbons of colour in the fields near our home by running through fading goldenrod while the woods offers its final farewell by drifting her confetti of leaves who've finally let go of their birthplace. It's here we feel most comfortable. It's here my children beg to visit as reward for finished work. I willingly oblige as I know it's in this place they will grow closer to Him.









"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth." (Psalm 8:1)

2 comments:

Camille said...

Your blog is beautiful...I enjoy visiting here. You have talent as a photgrapher...I love the autumn pictures.

Blessings,
Camille

Pure Perseverance said...

Oh, I want to just squeeze those precious cheeks in the first picture. Such wonderful pictures. Makes me want to be there.