Monday, October 26, 2009

Versatile Art

Emily's drawings have transformed this past year, especially her people. Where sticks once held up a large, over-sized "pumpkin" head, a body takes it's place. Arms have substance and fingers are thicker. Toes are now attached to legs, as well! Backgrounds are vividly coloured in and precious care is taken in creating her life-like people. She even looked in the mirror to find out where the ears go :) But what is even more amazing is the versatility of her art. This particular drawing was given to Daddy, with love, and he was told it was a picture of him. Later, when I needed a lift, the portrait was gifted to me with the assurance that it was indeed a replica of me. I suppose if we're off to the grandparents' house in the next few days, it might also resemble them :)
Oh, to hold on to these days of my little ones forever!

1 comment:

Pure Perseverance said...

Now, this is just precious! How funny, my daughter draws the fingers and toes just like your daughter. L-O-V-E I-T!