Thursday, November 26, 2015

Day Twenty-Six: Sticks And Stones

Ever been astounded by a particular prayer? The one that blows my mind is when Jesus, beaten and tortured, hanging on a cross, and struggling for air, cried out, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34) Could I beg God to go easy on my enemy? When someone has wounded with words and actions and spread false accusations about me? Could I utter the same request? Stephen, as he was being martyred, had learned from his Lord, and he pleaded a similar appeal. (Acts 7:60) These were murders. Sticks and stones injure the body, but how much more should I pray forgiveness for those who name-call or judge? 

Besides the prayer to receive Jesus into your life, this one seems of paramount significance. The Lord told us to forgive others so that God will forgive us. (Matthew 6:14) That alone causes me to inquire of Him to reveal anyone I may not have released in my heart from past or present wrongs. Is there someone you haven't forgiven? Pray the prayer today that will set you free from the bondage of grudge-holding. It's ugly, and a big waste of time. Names and words do hurt, however, God restores relationships and wounded hearts. 

 When my old hobbies become useful to my kids! It's wasn't a waste of money :)


No comments: