I turned my van round and round escarpment curves and sighed relief that we were finally headed home. Suddenly, a distressed, backseat Emily cried out, "My brain is so full of thinking that my head hurts! For another thought, my mind doesn't have room! Oh, I don't know what to do. There's just too much thoughts in my head!"
Folks, that one's a thinker :) What a five year-old could possibly have all squished in that little brain of hers, she couldn't explain. But it was definitely too full in there.
These are the moments that keep me sane in the daily grind. When I feel like complaining, God always reminds me in small and profound ways that I am so very, very blessed. I live alongside five of the most amazing people on the planet and I must count--I mean it--count those precious humans as gifts. Not to mention all else I've been given.
Adding just a few more to my 1000 Blessings Count (even though it's not Monday :)...
541. for seriously funny sayings spoken by little ones
542. for Christmas program practices
543. for the hockey season (yes, speaking words of life here :)
544. for making it to the final Ladies' Bible Study at church before the new year
545. for the homeschool table set up at the back for those kids whose moms needed Bible Study this week!
546. for a gracious bride-client
547. for an encouraging word that was planted by the Holy Spirit
548. for the Light which is now revealed to dear friends who've been in dark tunnels
549. for a sister who is patient, easy-going and calm during her bone scan testing in recent days
550. for healthy meals when others have so very little
551. for every tiny little precious interaction between me and each one of you... I cherish you all and am so grateful you're in my life!